This was for an existing client; we had already completed three bathroom refurbishment projects, as well as extensive repair to an annexe following a frozen pipe burst. The client requested a large kitchen refurbishment project and, after discussion, we removed the wall between the kitchen and dining room to create a large ‘L’ shaped kitchen dining room, more suited to their lifestyle. We removed the existing layered tile-on-tile floor, laying an underfloor heating system throughout the ground floor of the property. We installed a top-of-the-range kitchen, along with high-quality NEFF appliances, including a Quooker boiling water tap.
In addition, we installed a full smart home system, including:
- Remote and mobile phone-controlled colour-changing LED downlights, under-cabinet and plinth lighting
- HD Anywhere, allowing the customer to control their Sky Q from any room, watch it in any room, and control it from their tablet or mobile phone
- Hikvision CCTV around the property, including a dedicated TV in the kitchen to view the CCTV, which can also be viewed on a tablet or mobile phone
- Nest thermostatic controls for the underfloor heating, upstairs radiators and annexe, so all the heating and hot water is controllable via an app while away from the home
- Nest smoke alarms throughout, all of which is linked to a tablet and mobile phone
- Four Sonos ceiling-mounted speakers, also linked to the TV. These can be paired to any mobile phone or tablet — the sound produced is incredible
- Two external Sonos speakers, controllable via mobile phone or tablet.
This represents the home of future. All the technology is incredibly easy to use and teach. Our client absolutely loves the outcome and they have had many parties to celebrate! We are due to finish the remaining house in 2020; we are currently refurbishing the five bedrooms and hallways.